|Become a member and donate today!
Add your voice and ideas to the discussion and decisions around HEALTH REFORM by joining and supporting ARHF in its work that is summarized below.
“Health is a state of complete physical, mental, social (and spiritual) well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.”
Membership is open to any person or organization that wishes to help us pursue our mission and vision. We want to engage public, private, governmental, corporate, legal, education, business, managed care, and the community-at-large in join productive dialogue and action to promote a healthy population with access to affordable high quality health care.
· Partnerships with Public Health
· Partnerships with chronic disease organizations
· Partnerships with physical activity and nutrition organizations
· Partnerships with schools
· Partnerships with environmental organizations
· Initiate Worksite Wellness promotion program
Reducing Health Disparities
· Kellogg project on the Inequality and Its Impacts on the Reproductive Outcomes of African American Women
· Partnerships with sustainability organizations
· Partnerships with housing, transportation, jobs, etc.
· Community education using ‘Unnatural Causes”
· Save 100 Babies program to reduce low birth weight babies among African American population
Access to Primary Care
· Convene and facilitate Atlanta Community Access Coalition
· Partner with Fulton DeKalb Hospital Authority to assess patient service at Grady Hospital
Citizen Participation in Health Issues
· Community forum and listening sessions
· Public education regarding Healthy lifestyle
If you would like to become a member without a donation, please click on the "contact us" option to the left.